Biography of Gerry Wagner
Gerry Wagner has been in the HVACR and renewable technology industry for 37 years. Gerry started his career with the HydroTherm boiler company and then spent a short stint in export for a mechanical equipment procurement firm specializing in US military construction in the Pacific. The next step was with Harry Eklof & Associates, a manufacturer’s representative firm in the mid-Atlantic states, first as a product manager and then as an outside sales account manager. Gerry begins to develop his product and application training style while at Eklof conducting classes / seminars in subjects like condensing boilers and small duct high velocity air conditioning. In 1991 Gerry comes back home to the New Jersey / New York market and joins one of the largest manufacturer’s representative firms on the east coast. Thirteen years into his stint as a sales representative, Gerry creates the training entity for the company and over a seven year period establishes the learning center as the premier trade training facility in NJ & NY.
In 1996 Gerry started a small installation and service company dedicated to two unique boilers, the Pulse boiler, (the first condensing boiler offered in North America), and the Celtic wall hung boiler, (the first hydronic wall hung boiler offered in North America), both of which he remains committed to today through his replacements parts businesses.
Gerry’s unique combination of in-the-field experience as well as academic background along with his communication skills, creative abilities and humor make him one of the top HVACR and renewable technology instructors in the industry.
Gerry Wagner established ESPCO to move beyond the limitations of typical training offered by manufacturers and manufacturer’s representative firms and take his unique style of technical training to a national audience with an unlimited product and subject curriculum. Now your rep firm, trade organization, vocational school or installation / service company can have Gerry Wagner conduct classes specific to your market, product and audience.
What do others think of Gerry? Read the testimonials page to find out.
Gerry has conducted cooperative classes for the following organizations and institutions:
- Del Mar College West, Corpus Christi, TX
- Trident Technical College, Charleston, SC
- Community Action Partnership, San Bernadino, CA
- Alabama Power, Birmingham, AL
- Home Builders Association of Greater Chattanooga, Chattanooga, TN
- Santa Fe College, Gainesville, FL
- Bergen County Vocational & Technical School, Hackensack, NJ.
- Middlesex County Vocational & Technical School
- Monmouth County Vocational & Technical School, Freehold, NJ.
- Lincoln Technical Institute, Mahwah, NJ.
- United Association of New Jersey AC & Refrigeration Division, Hazlet, NJ.
- Plumbers Local 14 & 24, Lodi, NJ.
- ……and many more!
Writer / Author:
Published articles in: PM Magazine, Supply House Times, Home Power and The ACHR News
Memberships / Associations:
- Member, The Council of Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Educators
- Member, American Solar Energy Society, (ASES)
- Member, International Ground Source Heat Pump Association, (IGSHPA)
- Member, American Society of Heating, Refrigerating & Air Conditioning Engineers, (ASHRAE)
Certifications / Accreditations
- State of Nebraska Continuing Education Unit CEU provider
- Johnson County, Kansas Continuing Education Unit CEU provider
- New Jersey Master HVACR Contractor 19HC00365100
- Accredited IGSHPA Geothermal Installer
- Accredited IGSHPA Geothermal Installer Trainer
- NATE certified GSHP Installation Technician
- Iowa Plumbing & Mechanical Systems Board Approved Instructor #CEUI00548
- Texas Department of Licensing & Regulation Continuing Education Provider #1923
- State of Alabama Board of Heating, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Contractors Continuing Education Provider